Gennadiy Golovkin ‘open to everyone’ as fans clamor for Canelo trilogy fight

Must read

[ad_1]

Gennadiy Golovkin said he was ready to fight anyone after making history in his dominant victory over Kamil Szeremeta.

Golovkin set the record for most title defenses by middleweight in boxing history – 21 – with his seventh-round TKO from mandatory challenger Szeremeta. It was Golovkin’s first fight since October 2019, but the Kazakh star (41-1-1) was in charge from the start in Hollywood, Fla., And live on DAZN on Friday. He knocked out the previously undefeated Szeremeta four times en route to victory.

As fans call for a third fight against Saul “Canelo” Alvarez, the IBF and IBO champion has been asked about his future plans.

“I’m open to everyone,” Golovkin, who lost to Alvarez in September 2018, told DAZN. Alvarez is due to face Callum Smith on Saturday. “Best opponent for me.

MORE: Canelo ambitious to make return against Smith

“We will wait until tomorrow. I hope tomorrow is a big event. The best will win. I’m open.”

Golovkin added, “Trust me, guys. We [will] bring the best fight for next time. “

“I feel my shot,” he continued. “I feel my power. I feel my timing, my distance. I needed a little more time. OK, if I finish [in the] second round, maybe too early. I want to bring more people to television. “

Matchroom promoter Eddie Hearn added: “He’s got a lot more gasoline in the tank. The most exciting boxer in world boxing, ever. Devastating power in both hands. We want to see him in the mega-rights. next year.”



[ad_2]

- Advertisement -spot_img

More articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -spot_img

Latest article