Those who play Cyberpunk 2077 should be aware that if their save files exceed 8MB, they can become permanently corrupted and unusable. Redditor MagicTacoSauce posted a public service announcement alerting others to the issue, and GOG.com – which is owned by Cyberpunk 2077 developer CD Projekt Red – offered an answer that isn’t too promising. “Unfortunately, the backup is corrupted and cannot be recovered,” the statement said. “Please use an older save file to continue reading and try to reduce the number of items and crafting materials. If you have used the item duplication issue, please load a save file that is not affected by this. The backup file size limit may be increased in any of the future fixes, but corrupted files will remain so. ”
GOG.com saying it “could be increased in future patches” might not be the best news for those who love to collect everything and want to craft a ton of them. Redditor modsharearebattyboys shared the ways players can check their current save files, and they are as follows;
- PC – % userprofile% Saved games CD Projekt Red Cyberpunk 2077
- Playstation 4 – Settings> Management of data saved by the application> DATA SAVED IN SYSTEM STORAGE> Cyberpunk 2077
- PlayStation 5- Settings> STORAGE> > Saved Data> PS4 Games / PS5 Games> Cyberpunk 2077
- Xbox One – My games and apps> Cyberpunk 2077> Menu> Manage game> DATA SAVED
- Xbox Series X | S – My games and apps> Cyberpunk 2077> Menu> Manage game and add-ons> DATA SAVED
While this doesn’t impact everyone, it’s something to watch out for. Even though this particular problem has not been addressed Hotfix 1.05 just released, many other bugs and issues were fixed which should make for a smoother experience. For more on Cyberpunk 2077, visit our opinion piece on How Cyberpunk Deserved Better and how players can get refunds if they are not happy with their experience.
Any advice to give us? Want to discuss a possible story? Please send an email to email@example.com.