Here is IGN’s Cyberpunk 2077 step-by-step procedure for Beat on the Brat, one among many Watson Side Jobs. Continue reading below for our Tips and tricks on how to complete this mission without too much trouble.
|Beat on the Brat – Secondary Job Details|
|Awards||3480 whirlpools, +1045 experience, +2350 Street Cred|
|Location||Begins in Little China, Watson|
|Nearest fast travel point:||Megabuilding H10 Atrium|
Beat on the Brat Walkthrough
When you leave V’s apartment in Night City for the first time, you’ll likely meet Coach Fred when starting this chain of side tasks. These missions revolve around boxing matches where you will have to fight with only your hands around Night City. There are four that you’ll need to complete before reaching the final boss, with one optional. Pacifica. Each mission is listed below and the last one is explained below.
Final beat on the Brat fight: Razor Hugh
Once you’ve completed Beat on the Brat in Kabuki, Arroyo, Rancho Coronado, and The Glen, you’ll receive a text from Coach Fred. He’ll mention setting up a final fight with Razor Hugh, which you might have seen on posters throughout Cyberpunk 2077. This fight takes place in a small boxing ring in Pacifica. When you get to the arena, you might notice all the boxers you beat here as well as Viktor the Ripperdoc. You can talk to them for an optional dialogue.
Before you start your fight, you can talk to trainer Fred about starting the fight for a little extra cash. It also triggers a random conversation with a nearby kid saying their father was bothered by Razor Hugh early in his career. Starting the fight seems to give extra money, but less street credit if you win.
Fighting Razor Hugh is extremely difficult, like other fights, but mainly because of his health. You will still have to worry about one to three hits that will get you out the same way other Beat on the Brat jobs do. Here are some tips and feats to defeat Razor Hughs.
Tips and tricks
- Viktor recommends punching Hugh in the gut, it may help him spread it.
- Buy cyberware from gorilla hands to get a better punch against Hugh.
- The parade seems to vary depending on whether it works well for people.
- Investing skill points in Body makes a huge difference, especially Rush under the Street Brawler tree. Your fists count as a blunt weapon, meaning you will regain 3% health on a hit.
- Eat consumables from your backpack after sitting down and start talking to Viktor. They won’t stack, but you can eat a few to get minor improvements like additional health and stamina.
- You can drop a weapon in the ring before the fight begins, and then pick it up when it does. This allows you to attack with more damage and stronger blocking.
- It is possible to corner Hugh outside the ring if you keep pushing him behind one of the starting chairs. This will trigger a bug phase where it keeps taunting you and doesn’t move or attack. (shown in the screenshot above)
Once your fight ends with Razor Hugh, Beat on the Brat is over. If you manage to beat him, you will receive your reward shortly after he finishes speaking. He will stray to the side on a phone call about all of his future opponents retreating from their fights. Additionally, you can again talk to each character near the arena for optional dialogue.