Home Sport News Manly Sea Eagles star Dylan Walker to defend himself in court after alleged assault at pizza restaurant

Manly Sea Eagles star Dylan Walker to defend himself in court after alleged assault at pizza restaurant

0
Manly Sea Eagles star Dylan Walker to defend himself in court after alleged assault at pizza restaurant

[ad_1]

NRL star Dylan Walker cleared to play for the Manly Sea Eagles in the first round despite allegedly assaulting two pizza shop workers on Sydney’s northern beaches last year.

The 26-year-old’s case was referred to local court in Downing Center on Wednesday, where lawyer Jessica Kavvalos requested a two-day hearing.

The request was approved and Walker will present his case between May 14 and May 17.

The NRL season kicks off on March 11 and Manly general manager Steve Humphries has said he told Walker he will be free to play.

“Dylan maintains his innocence and he plans to vigorously defend the charges,” Humphries told the Sydney Morning Herald.

“It’s his plan and, in the meantime, he will continue to train for the 2021 season.

“He will also be available for selection.”

The NRL also said it had no plans to impose a stay on the allegations.

Walker was arrested for allegedly assaulting pizza workers Stephen and Enzo Melani in Little Italy in Narrawenna on November 1.

For a daily dose of the best of the latest news and exclusive content from Wide World of Sports, subscribe to our newsletter in click here!

[ad_2]

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here