The Super Bowl 55 the game between the Chiefs and the Buccaneers will be a showcase for LSU.
The Tigers have the oldest players in the game with six – including Kansas City’s Tyrann Mathieu, Clyde-Edwards Helaire and Darrel Williams and Leonard Fournette of Tampa Bay, Devin White and Kevin Minter. In total, 10 schools have three or more players in the game.
Surprisingly, Alabama and Ohio State – schools that could almost form their own NFL teams – have no players in this year’s game.
Here is a breakdown of the lists of chiefs and buccaneers by university.
BAMA vs OHIO STATE: Which school’s stacked list of professionals wins head-to-head?
Super Bowl players by college
Here’s a look at the list by college in Super Bowl 54:
|Caroline from the south||3|
|Grand Valley State||1|
|State of North Dakota||1|
|South Carolina State||1|
|Miss from the South||1|
|State of utah||1|
List of leaders by college
Full list of Kansas City Chiefs can be seen Here. LSU has three players on the roster, one of our teams with three or more players on the team.
Patrick Mahomes is the only Texas Tech player on either list.
Clemson has three players on the roster, along with Bashaud Breeland, Sammy Watkins and Dorian O’Daniel. Michigan’s Frank Clark, Chad Henne and Mike Danna are on the squad, and Mississippi State also has three players: Willie Gay, Chris Jones, and Martinas Rankin.
Kansas City has 14 SEC schools players on its roster.
Mathieu finished fifth in the Heisman Trophy vote in 2011.
List of buccaneers by college
The list of Tampa Bay Buccaneers can be seen here.
LSU has three players on the roster; one of two teams of three or more players in the team.
Tom Brady is the only Michigan player on the Buccaneers roster. Nebraska has three players on the Tampa Bay roster at Lavonte Davis, Ndamukong Suh and Khalil Davis.
Tampa Bay has 11 SEC players and 10 Big Ten players on its roster. The Buccaneers have several players from four different Big Ten schools on the squad.
Suh finished fourth in the Heisman Trophy vote in 2009. Fournette finished sixth in the Heisman Trophy vote in 2015.
Curiosities of the Super Bowl roster
– We mentioned that the state of Ohio and Alabama did not have a player in the Super Bowl. It’s a rarity for the big game, as one Ohio university was able to point out knowing that Javon Hagan will be playing in the game.
– Colorado State-Pueblo, a Division II program, has one player on both teams. Mike Pennel of Kansas City and Ryan Jensen of Tampa Bay will represent the ThunderWolves at Super Bowl 55.
– More proof players can come from anywhere. Eight Super Bowl 55 players have played in the FCS, including two from James Madison to Aaron Stinnie and Josh Wells. Seven played in Division II and one in Division III.
– The SEC still leads all conferences with 25 players in the Super Bowl. The Big Ten is second with 20, followed by the ACC (11), Pac-12 (5) and Big 12 (4).
– Iowa has four players between the two teams. Anthony Hitchens and Ben Niemann play for the Chiefs, and Anthony Nelson and Tristan Wirfs play for the Buccaneers.