How to find Daisy mae the turnip seller
After having unlocked Nook’s Cranny, you will start to have a visit of an orange boar named Daisy mae every Sunday morning. Daisy mae will leave around noon. You can find Daisy Mae while walking on your island. She is small, so if you can’t see her she might be hidden behind some trees!
- Daisy Mae Time Available: Sundays from 5 a.m. to 12 p.m.
This relative of Joan sells turnips and they are not to eat! Instead, you’ll treat them like stocks – yes, you read that right. It’s called the Sow Joan Rod Market, to be exact. In case you were wondering, if you want to eat turnips you bought, note that eating a bundle of 10 is an effective – albeit expensive – way to instantly be able to move 10 trees or destroy several rocks.
(See How to unlock Nook’s Cranny if you haven’t already!)
When to buy Turnips from Daisy Mae
Daisy Mae’s turnip prices will be different every Sunday and range from 90 Bells to more than 100 Bells. Either way, you need to buy them in sets of 10. Buy turnips under 100 years old bells is generally a good bet. Remember to write down how much you bought them or take a screenshot of the price for reference.
If you have friends who play Animal Crossing: New Horizons, be sure to check their prices. You can visit their town and buy turnips from Daisy Mae if they are cheaper. There are also applications, such as Turnip prophet, which allow you to predict price fluctuations and major peaks.
You can’t plant turnips, so don’t try to grow more!
If you’ve bought an abundance of turnips, you might be wondering where to put them. Well you can’t put them in your house inventory, but you can just leave them on the floor. Yes, really, leave them on the floor in your house until you want to sell.
Alternatively, if you’re not inviting friends or sharing a Dodo code, you can also drop them off in open spots outside or on the beaches. Remember: if someone comes to visit you, they can pick up your turnips. You can, of course, build a fully enclosed fence around your outdoor turnip storage.
When to sell turnips
As in Animal Crossings before, these turnips deteriorate after a week, so after investing you have a whole week to sell them. Timmy and Tommy won’t buy them on Sunday, so you must sell turnips before the following Sunday another day (you can’t sell them in the drop box, however.)
When you decide to sell is completely up to you, but keep an eye out for higher rates. Timmy and Tommy will sometimes offer less Bells that you paid your turnips. Try to avoid this at all costs.
Turnip prices fluctuate in the morning and again in the afternoon. If you don’t like the morning price, check the afternoon. You’re more likely to see turnips over 100 Bells, but if you are fortunate, they will go well over 500 and even in the territory of 600 Bells. These high prices seem rare, so consider working with friends or an online community to find the best selling price for turnip.
People have traditionally seen good turnip prices on Tuesday, but it’s best to check back regularly.
Here are some tips on the stem and turnip market to keep in mind:
- If you time travel until Sunday or after, your current turnips will spoil.
- Traveling through time will automatically spoil your turnips. Even if you go back to the previous Sunday, buy more and go back, the price for that day will change.
- If you leave rotten turnips, they will attract ants and sometimes flies.
- You can travel to other ACNH Islands to get a different selling price from Timmy and Tommy. See if your friends get a better deal, take advantage! If any of your friends have a high price, empty your inventory and leave all your tools at home. This way you can transport the maximum amount of turnips.
- There are many message boards where you can find new friends or redeem Dodo codes. If you have an account on IGN, you can also post on our Animal crossing advice here.
- When buying turnips from Daisy Mae, you can press a button at the top right of the number pad that says “Buy the Max” if you don’t want to do the math on how many turnips you can afford. It takes your inventory space matters too, so if you only have one open spot, that will only allow you to buy one bunch of turnips.