It’s Tuesday, which means Destiny 2: Beyond Light’s weekly reset is here. The latest update addresses a few areas that are badly in need of some tweaking, including for those running the Presage on Master difficulty and correct tomorrow’s eye dropout rate. As the Season of the Chosen One draws to a close, here’s what Destiny 2’s latest update brings to the table.
Destiny 2 Hotfix 126.96.36.199
First, let’s talk about Presage. Presage is a new instance that is part of the exotic quest to get Dead Man’s Tale, the last scout rifle. It’s a great addition to exploring Calus’ Abandoned Ship, especially given the level of challenge it has to offer. For those running Presage on Master difficulty, however, a bug was reported that caused players to respawn in the void, which is instant death. Fortunately, this is now fixed.
Wrathborn Hunts also saw a small adjustment regarding the issue where “immune” would appear when Guardians are dealing damage to the High Celebrant. This has also been fixed alongside the very annoying issue on the Tangled Shore where players would die instantly if they hit a specific location near Quitter’s Well. No more instantaneous death: always a good thing. At least for the player.
The Scan and Heroic VIP patrols were also targeted with this update, with Bungie fixing the reported issue that these activities were not showing up on Europa. Battlegrounds has also seen a series of necessary adjustments, as shown below:
- Fixed an issue where players could regenerate Infinite Super Energy from teammates walking through hallways.
- Fixed an issue where players would incorrectly receive an ‘Online Privileges’ dialog box when attempting to launch specific Battlegrounds activities or the Battlegrounds playlist with a fireteam member who had not unlocked l ‘activity.
- Fixed an issue where the Cabal Pyro flamethrower projectile would generate a lot of network usage, causing strange combatant behaviors in Battlegrounds activities.
Other fixes include updates to how the Mandle of Battle Harmony works in PVP with a small amount of Super given when an enemy Guardian is defeated with weapons that match that Super Energy. Additionally, a small damage bonus has also been given to those who defeat enemies with weapons matching the player’s damage type while the Super Meter is full. The downside is that this boost is shorter in PvP than in PvE.
The eyes of tomorrow
Last week, we broke down what was happening with the drop rate of the Eyes of Tomorrow rocket launcher. Turns out the inaccessibility of it wasn’t in our head, there was a real issue with the bad luck protection feature. Fortunately, this has now been fixed so that players have a better time to try and get this highly coveted weapon. Bungie also fixed the issue where EoT did less damage against yellow bar enemy types.
Also included in Eyes of Tomorrow tweaks:
- Fixed an issue where Guardians could embrace their darker side and hurt teammates when using the Frenzy Perk.
- Added Relentless as a possible perk for THE SWARM Machine Gun.
Stasis nerves and class changes are also prevalent in this week’s update. You can check out the rest of the official patch notes below, courtesy of Bungie:
- Removed damage resistance from Shatterdive.
- Added a 4s cooldown between activations of Shatterdive.
- Withering blade
- Decreased Withering Blade damage against players from 90 to 65 damage. PvE damage remains unchanged.
- Reduced the slow charges of Withering Blade applied to players from 60 stacks to 40. Slow PvE stacks are unchanged.
- Decreased the acquisition range of Withering Blade’s target after hitting a player from 12 to 8m. The range after hitting PvE enemies is unchanged.
- Glacial tremor
- Removed AoE freeze against players in Super Cast. Will still freeze PvE enemies when cast.
- Reduced damage resistance in Super from 60% to 50%.
- Increased the Energy cost of using Shiver Strike during Glacial Quake from 3% to 7% Super Energy.
- Using the combo of a Shiver Strike in a Heavy Slam attack will now cost all Super Energy of both Shiver Strike and Slam (previously it only cost energy for Slam).
- Thrill Strike
- Downward speed increase applied to Shiver Striking players when slowed down to get them out of the air faster.
- Fixed an issue where Shiver Strike (or Thundercrash) could get the player stuck against soft caps in Crucible maps.
- Wrath of winter
- Improved Winter’s Wrath projectile tracking, which now tracks strength decay from its max value over 10s, down from 2.2s.
- Increased the proximity detonation radius size of the Warlock Super Projectile from 1.5m to 1.65m.
- Proximity detonation now starts at its highest level and decreases by up to 40% over time.
- Penumbra explosion
- Decreased the damage of the Twilight Blast against players from 80 damage to 30 damage. PvE damage remains unchanged.
- Ice flash
- Fixed a bug where Iceflare Bolts would continuously try to change targets.
- Increased the acquisition range of Ice Shard targets by 33%.
- Increased the rotation speed of Ice Shards so they can hit nearby targets more effectively.
- Chaos Reach
- Decreased the amount of Super Energy refunded when canceling Chaos Reach early.
General stasis setting
- Grenade Duskfield
- Reduced the force with which the Duskfield Grenade pulls players inward, effectively reducing the pull range from 9.5m to ~ 6m. The PvE traction impulse is unchanged.
- Reduced the slow charges applied to players by grenade detonation from 20 charges to 10 charges. Slow detonation charges are unchanged in PvE.
- Reduced the slow charges applied to players on each grenade tick from ten to five charges. Slow stacks per tick are unchanged in PvE.
- Adjusted UI layout from ‘Slow’ state to show slow stacks as X / 100 instead of X / 10, to improve readability when adding amounts of slow stacks less than ten.
- Stasis crystals
- Reduced Crystal Shard damage against players from (85 max, 55 min) to (55 max, 25 min). PvE damage remains unchanged.
- Whisper of chains
- Reduced Whisper of Chains damage resistance bonus on Super from 25% to 5%. Damage resistance when not in Super is unchanged. This only affects damage from other Guardians.
Stasis Fragment Quests
- Objective completion values have been significantly reduced for all Crucible Shard quests.
Premiums and lawsuits
- Fixed an issue where players could earn Exotic Cyphers with full inventory, resulting in the loss of their reward.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the “Trash the Thresher” triumph from completing even when the conditions were met.
- Reset the raid end time stat trackers for any player who has logged exactly five minutes of time in the stat tracker.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Bad Luck Protection for Eyes of Tomorrow from stacking correctly on accounts where players were attacking multiple characters.
- Fixed issues with the Frozen in Time ornament for the No Time To Explain Exotic Pulse Rifle.
- The ornament will no longer display “Exclusive Item”, preventing players from donning it.
Selected Seal and Title Requirements
- Replaced the “Bound in Memory” triumph with “All the Scattered Memories” to ensure that players who missed a week of playing the Presage activity can earn the Seal before the season ends.