A dog typically is a friendly animal that loves to be around people. But there are some dogs that have had a terrible beginning to their lives and just cannot cope with certain circumstances. When dogs are pushed into a corner or feel that they have no option to rear their teeth, there is a good chance that they are going to bite. If you are the victim of a dog bite attack and are considering hiring a dog bite lawyer in Oakland, then there are some reasons why you should hire one today.
Top Reasons Why You Should Hire A Dog Bite Lawyer
Dog bites are a serious issue for a lot of people. If you have been bitten by a dog and are in need of help to file a claim or a case against the pet owner, then there is a good chance that you will need a lawyer. Here are some reasons that will make that decision an easy one to make.
- Most attorneys do not get paid unless the case is won. So, if you are wondering about the cost of filing a claim, then there is no need to worry since payment is settled through your settlement.
- Your lawyer will become your negotiator and your defense all through the process. Every insurance company and dog owner will want to drag their feet once they make an offer to pay. Your lawyer will look at the offer and determine if it is enough to settle for. And if they find that the offer is too low, they will negotiate and represent on your behalf. And all you have to do is wait for the phone call for updates.
- Dog bite laws are complex. A dog bite lawyer will be familiar with state and local laws. States have their own set of rules that must be adhered to or claims, and cases can be dismissed. Many states put the blame for dog attacks on the owner and some require that proof must be submitted in order to prove the dog is violent. Your lawyer can help you navigate and put together things that are required by law.
- Your lawyer will have a team that he or she works with that can investigate and help put together the evidence you need to win your case. This step is vital in that you would be unable to investigate matters on your own without getting into trouble.
- You will also have the answers you need. There is a chance that you have never been down this road before and will have questions. Your lawyer will provide you with all the answers you need to make intelligent decisions.
- You will also have the support you need to keep the dog from biting someone else. Many times, dog bites happen because someone in the past failed to fight for it not to happen again. Your lawyer can help secure the animal if there is a need to remove the harmful animal.
If you are looking for a dog bite lawyer and are still wrestling with the decision to hire one, then there is nothing you have to lose in asking questions. Call your local lawyer today and see what they can do for you to help settle a claim that you have against an animal with a bite history.