Rabbit day is an annual special event held in the Animal Crossing series, although each new release has changed the holidays slightly. here’s how Rabbit day plays in Animal Crossing: New Horizons.
T. Bunny zipper
Zipper is a new special character who will visit your island during the rabbit day Event.
Zipper is a fun character with a large zipper on the back, suggesting that he is actually another character or a villager in a bunny costume. Sarcastic and humorous lines of dialogue often support this theory, with Zipper complaining about being hot in his costume in Pocket Camp.
Much like in Pocket Camp, Zipper is sensitive to his costume, stating that it is rude to call it a costume and that it is, in fact, NOT a costume.
Zipper wears a crooked visor and is generally larger than others villager.
He’s still watching you and is often seen jumping up and down in celebration, but the second you leave the frame he breaks the character and is overwhelmed with exhaustion.
How? ‘Or’ What Rabbit day Works
From the perspective of reality Rabbit day (April 12, 2020 then April 4, 2021), Zipper will appear on your island to inform you that it is hidden eggs everywhere on your island. They only appear outdoors and can be found in a number of ways that will require you to use them tools or gather resources – where eggs can sometimes replace normal resources or objects.
Types of Rabbit day Eggs
There are 6 types of Rabbit day Eggs in all of them, and each of them is found using unique methods. They include the following:
- Leaf Eggs: A certain number of trees on your island will support eggs instead of fruit, and you can shake the tree to earn 3 sheets Eggs by tree.
- Sky Eggs: In addition to the regular gift balloons that blow around the island, there will also be egg balloons that blow at a much faster speed and speed. Hit them with a Slingshot will produce either a heavenly egg or a Rabbit day Recipe.
- The water Eggs: Look around the sea and rivers for medium sized shadows in the water, which will have a chance to catch an egg instead of a normal fish.
- Calculation Eggs: Using a shovel or chop, hit a stone multiple times for the eggs to spawn instead of the normal resources found on the stones.
- Wooden eggs: Using any type of ax (preferably stone so as not to cut it), chop some tree – including palm trees – to have a chance to hatch eggs instead of the normal wood types.
- Earth eggs: These eggs will be mixed with fossils in the ground, sporting the same crack in the ground, and will be buried randomly on your island each day.
April 12th Rabbit day Event and rewards
Once the real Rabbit day finally arrives, you will find Zipper T. Bunny back in town, residing in the Plaza, while all your villager will wear festive clothes for eggs all day.
Zipper will have several new tasks and rewards for you that only happen on this day – and has a few new features to help you collect even more eggs.
You will get another recipe to talk to her – the Rabbit day Arch – which is part of the requirement for craftsmanship all DIY Bunny Day recipes in order to get a special reward. Note that Zipper will mention that if you found out how to make clothes from Rabbit day eggs, he won’t need you to craft them to get his reward.
You also do do not must place the crafted Rabbit day Items on the floor or in your home to qualify – just craft the item and get the checkmark in your DIY app.
To help you with the last part of the crafting, he will also give you 1 type of egg in exchange for 3 eggs of another type. You can do this as much as you want, which can be useful if you have some types stored.
After having worked out all the applicable elements Rabbit day DIY projects (look for the full list in the links below), Zipper T. Bunny will have one final challenge, creating another recipe for the Wobbling Zipper toy, which requires 4 of each egg.
Create this recipe by exchanging for eggs or collecting more on your island, then return for your real reward – a Rabbit day Baguette recipe.
As a bonus, you can return 1 of each type of egg to Zipper to get a free Bunny Day Basket item, and you can return as many as you want to get more baskets.
What to do with all the eggs of the day of the rabbit
After you’ve crafted all of the bunny items possible, including the Bunny’s Day Wand and traded six eggs for a Bunny’s Day basket, you can still be sitting on a mountain of eggs. Wondering what you should do with all the eggs? Craft items and sell them, of course!
- Arts and crafts all Bunny Day item from your crafting list. Each item sells for double the price of the value of its components. So a Bunny day table that is made from 4 eggs, an 800 Bells value if you sold the eggs alone, sells for 1600 Bells.
- The fastest way to make money on Rabbit Day if you have a lot of each type of egg is to make the Egg Party Dress, using 18 eggs (3x Earth Egg, 3x Stone Egg, 3x Leaf Egg, 3x Wooden Egg, 3x Heavenly Egg, and 3x Water Egg). The dress sells for 7200 Bells (still 400 bells per egg).
Spring brings a new season DIY Recipes. You can find the full listings in the pages below:
Animal Crossing: New Horizons – All Rabbit Day DIY Recipes