In an epic showdown of colossal proportions, Godzilla vs Kong is now available in theaters and on HBO Max. For the many people who enjoy watching movies while relaxing on their sofa and wearing comfortable clothes (OK, yes, pajamas), HBO Max subscription will be the best way to see the movie. It is now available to all HBO Max subscribers at no additional cost beyond the regular subscription price. HBO Max costs $ 14.99 per month, which is probably a lot less than what you would spend a night at the movies anyway. In addition, subscribing now also gives you access to the Snyder Cut (already available) and Mortal combat when he arrived on the service on April 23. And if you’re wondering if the movie is worth watching, check out our Godzilla vs. Kong review.
Subscribe to HBO Max
[poilib element=”commerceDeal” parameters=”slug=hbo-max”]
You can cancel HBO Max at any time, but with Warner Bros. ‘a whole roster of 2021 movies coming out on HBO Max the same day they hit theaters, you might want to maintain your subscription. This year, in addition to Godzilla vs. Kong and Mortal Kombat, you’ll have day one access to movies like The Matrix 4, Dune, the Sopranos’ previous movie, The Many Saints of Newark. These movies are available at no additional cost to HBO Max subscribers, which is not always true for the premium versions of Disney +. And after watching the battle of the monsters, find out what else is there coming to HBO Max in April.
Does Godzilla vs Kong stream in 4K?
Godzilla vs Kong is streamable in 4K Ultra HD, HDR 10, Dolby Vision, and Dolby Atmos. Obtaining some of these features depends on the hardware you are using to watch the movie. To view the movie in 4K, you must use one of the following devices:
- Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K and Fire TV Cube
- Android TVs including: AT&T Streaming Box
- Apple TV 4K
- Google Chromecast Ultra and Chromecast with Google TV
- Roku Ultra 4800x, Roku 4k TVs, year of creation, and Roku Streaming Stick +
- Xfinity X1 (Xi6) and Flex
HBO says it’s working to add 4K functionality to more devices. You can find more information here.
Previous Godzilla and Kong movies are also on HBO Max
In addition to the new, a number of older Godzilla and King Kong movies are available to stream on HBO Max right now. You can stream the three previous “Monsterverse” movies of which Godzilla vs. Kong is a sequel: Godzilla (2014), Godzilla: King of the Monsters and Kong: Skull Island. A number of other earlier King Kong and Godzilla films are also airing on the service right now.
Other upcoming theatrical releases on HBO Max in 2021
- The Little Things – January 29, 2021
- Judas and the Black Messiah – February 12
- Tom & Jerry – February 26, 2021
- Godzilla vs Kong – March 31, 2021
- Mortal Kombat – April 16, 2021
- Those Who Wish Me Death – May 14, 2021
- The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It – June 4, 2021
- In The Heights – June 11, 2021
- Space Jam: A New Legacy – July 16, 2021
- The Suicide Squad – August 6, 2021
- Reminiscence – September 3, 2021
- Malin – September 10, 2021
- The Many Saints of Newark – September 24, 2021
- Dune – October 1, 2021
- King Richard – November 19, 2021
- Matrix 4 – December 22, 2021
It’s a busy year for the Warner Bros. movies, and all of these sweet new releases are coming to HBO Max the same day they hit theaters. Here’s when you’ll find these movies on the service.
Chris Reed is editor and business expert at IGN. You can follow him on Twitter @_chrislreed.
[widget path=”ign/modules/recirc” parameters=”title=&type=articles%2Cvideos&tags=us-shopping&count=3&columnCount=3&theme=article”]