You’ve probably already noticed that Valheim players love to integrate Skyrim into their games. More than that, we love to cover it up. We have already shared awesome Whiterun and Dragonreach recreations but what about the actual mechanics of Elder Scrolls? While these are two very different games, a Valheim mod brings Skyrim magic into the mix.
The mod in question is called Skyheim (appropriate) and brings Skyrim’s magic into the mix in a balanced way. “Skyheim is a magical mod aimed at providing balanced progression and a reason to go back and kill bosses,” says the mod’s creator on Nexus. Each boss drops a crafting ingredient that can be used to craft and upgrade runes that will allow you to cast a variety of both beneficial and destructive spells. In addition to bosses, you will also need certain items that can be found in dungeons, which makes you look for them as well. “
In addition to the added spells, the Skyheim mod also adds mana as a usable resource and a proper cooldown system to go with it. Not only is this mod just great on its own due to the magical additions, but it also provides a great reason to come back and challenge some of those Valheim bosses again. Each boss drops the ingredients needed to craft and upgrade runes. It will increase this magical arsenal to rain chaos for the Vikings in this survival adventure.
A few things to know about this mod before diving in:
- You will need to install the zip file in your BepInEx / plugins directory, found here
- Once installed, you are going to want to start crafting in order to start the magic ball
- Kill bosses to get the basic ingredients needed for crafting, just like in the base game
- Some higher level ingredients will require dungeon races
- Once you need a fair amount of ingredients, craft the rune and place it on your attack button.
- This is the left click button in the game’s default settings
Craft, rinse and repeat and then go pwn some silly Greylings throwing their boring faces. It’s true, I said it.