Who is ready for football ?! The NFL and Rocket league are gearing up for the Super Bowl kickoff next week with our latest in-game event: the NFL Super Bowl LV celebration! The week-long event rolls out of the tunnel with the all-new game mode, Gridiron, along with new event challenges and the return of the NFL Fan Pack. It all starts on February 2 and will be live until February 8.
Prepare for Gridiron
Welcome to the new LTM, Gridiron! Champions Field has been transformed, with hash marks and the NFL logo at the 50 yard line. But before you hoist the trophy in victory, you need to learn the rules:
- The standard Rocket league ball has been replaced with an American football in this 4v4 mode.
- Touching the ball attaches it to the roof of your car.
- If a player touches the ball, that player becomes the ball carrier, providing the option of transfers to teammates or steals by the other team.
- The carrier can jump in singles, but the double jump drops the ball. You can also pass the ball by dodging.
- Each goal is 3 or 7 points: 7 points are awarded if the ball is attached to a player when entering the opponent’s goal, and 3 points are awarded if the ball is passed or if the ball is free . All own goals are worth 3 points, whether the ball is tied up or loose.
- Demos require supersonic speed, just like in standard modes.
- Stay within the limits! You’ll feel the ball if you cross the line marked on the arena wall.
We’re adding three event challenges that can be completed to unlock the Gridiron Guru Player Title, NFL Wheelsand 20,000 XP! These challenges and the Gridiron LTM are live from February 2 to 8.
The NFL Fan Pack, which includes octane decals for all 32 NFL teams, will return to the Item Shop throughout the event and will be available for 800 credits. Equip your favorite team sticker, hit the Gridiron, and be sure to share some of your highlights! Mention @RocketLeague on Twitter using the hashtag #RLGridiron. Hut… Hut… Hike!
PLAY ROCKET LEAGUE FOR FREE! Download and participate in the high octane hybrid of arcade style football and vehicle mayhem! Unlock items in Rocket Pass, climb competitive leaderboards, participate in competitive tournaments, complete challenges, enjoy cross-platform progression and more! The land is waiting. Take your photo! – © 2015-2020 Psyonix LLC, Rocket League, Psyonix and all associated marks and logos are registered trademarks or trademarks of Psyonix LLC. All rights reserved. All other trademarks belong to their respective owners.