Friday, March 31, 2023

Officials say man blew himself up in Nashville Christmas Day explosion

Must read


Officials on Sunday identified the man who they said blew himself up in a recreational vehicle in Nashville on Christmas Day, injuring several people, damaging buildings and jamming communications.

Tennessee Bureau of Investigation director David Rausch told reporters authorities matched the DNA of Anthony Quinn Warner, 63, with charred human remains found in the recreational vehicle that exploded in the downtown Nashville Friday morning.

Before the attack, witnesses heard an announcement from the RV warning that a bomb was about to explode. He then started a 15 minute countdown with music, including the 1964 hit Petula Clark “Downtown.”

The warning gave authorities time to evacuate the area, preventing any fatalities from the blast, which caused multiple injuries and widespread communication failures in Tennessee as well as nearby Kentucky and Alabama. .

While authorities still tried to determine a motive, John Cooper, the mayor of Nashville, told CBS News on Sunday that he did not think it was an accident that an AT&T transmission facility was one of the main buildings damaged by the explosion.

“Those of us in Nashville realize that on Second Avenue there is a large AT&T facility and the truck was parked next to this large historic AT&T facility,” Cooper said.

“For all of us locally, we feel like there must be some connection to the AT&T facility and the bombing site. It must have something to do with the infrastructure. “

Warner was named as a person of interest earlier on Sunday after neighbors reported seeing a camper van similar to the one that exploded parked in his backyard about 11 miles from where the blast took location. The camper van was also captured parked outside Warner’s house on Google Maps.

US media reported that in November, Warner, who lived alone, transferred his property to a woman in Los Angeles for “$ 0”.

Neighbors and relatives of Warner called the Tennesseean a loner and said he had previously worked in the alarm security industry.

Police said Sunday they did not believe anyone was involved in the incident.


- Advertisement -spot_img

More articles


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -spot_img

Latest article