Our mission to improve business is fueled by readers like you. To enjoy unlimited access to our journalism, subscribe today.
the COVID the cavalry arrives. And we’re about to see how strong he is. The United Kingdom has already given Pfizer and BioNTech’s coronavirus vaccine partner gave the green light and the first doses were administered today. Margaret Keenan was the first person to receive a COVID vaccine.
A critical meeting between Food and Drug Administration (FDA) advisers on December 10 could lead to emergency clearance in the United States at short notice, and some high-risk Americans could start receiving COVID vaccines from here a few weeks.
More health and Big Pharma coverage of Fortune:
- A depleted workforce with no end in sight: An inside look at the struggling healthcare industry in the United States
- Getting to the COVID-19 finish line: A drama in three acts
- the the science behind the main COVID vaccines will lead to faster manufacturing
- How? ‘Or’ What China’s COVID-19 vaccines could fill the gap leave by Pfizer, Modern, AstraZeneca
- Who receives the first COVID-19 vaccines? Historic UK rollout reveals who has priority