The Suns were without their leading scorer, guard Devin Booker, for the final 1:54 of their overtime loss to the Nuggets on Friday night after suffering an apparent leg injury. They are unlikely to return for the teams back-to-back rematch on Saturday night.
Booker looked like he was injured on a trip to the basket with two minutes remaining in OT. He limped towards the bench after the game and was replaced by Cameron Payne.
– Looks like Booker is straining his hamstrings over the reader.
– First reaches for him out of bounds.
– Then jump again for the rebound.
– Walk away slowly. pic.twitter.com/PKxG1SvLg9
– David Kevin (@theIVpointplay) 23 January 2021
Phoenix coach Monty Williams told reporters after the game (by ArizonaSports.com) that Booker suffered a hamstring injury and likely won’t be available for Saturday’s game.
Before he was injured, Booker had 31 points, the team’s top, with five rebounds and five assists in 40 minutes. He also lit up Twitter with a chased block and helped in the aftermath of a turnover.
Booker is averaging 22.9 points per game after his 31 points on Friday.