But none of this dampened investor enthusiasm for the new stocks. Airbnb is set to go public later today, valuing the rental home giant at $ 47 billion. This is after DoorDash raised 3.4 billion dollars during an IPO yesterday, and stocks exploded 86% higher. C3.ai had a even more amazing beginnings, with actions climbing 150%.
Elsewhere, European stocks rise slightly after the EU clears major hurdle to green light epic stimulus package and after a dinner in Brussels ended with an extension of trade negotiations on Brexit.
Let’s see what is moving the markets.
- The main Asia Index are generally lower in afternoon trade with Japan Nikkei of 0.2%.
- SoftBank is running, almost 11% today, and nearly 18% since Tuesday. First investor in DoorDash, SoftBank saw its participation balloon worth at $ 11.5 billion after yesterday’s mega IPO.
- Here is a bullish call on air travel. Virgin Australia’s New CEO Jayne Hrdlicka says the prospect of flying again will be “overwhelming” to us, potential stranded travelers. She predicts a surge in air travel next summer.
- the European scholarships ticked above this morning with the Stoxx Europe 600 high 0.1% outdoors.
- the Pound sterling fell again in the volatile trade after last night’s much watched dinner between Boris Johnson and Ursula von der Leyen failed to make a breakthrough in post-blocking –Brexit trade negotiations. What’s the next step in the world’s most tedious business history? A deadline on Sunday. Oh joy.
- But there is progress on the way to the European Union $ 2.2 trillion stimulus bill as holdouts Poland and Hungary dropped their objections.
- American Futuresare mixed this morning after the fall of the three indices on Wednesday. the Nasdaq suffered his worst loss in a day since October 30 as the threat of a Big Tech disruption looms larger.
- Antitrust cases have done little to shake the IPO market. FortuneDanielle Abril spoke to CEO Tony Xu WHO explained how they intend to spend their new stack of tickets.
- The next step is Airbnb, and investor appetite for its new stocks is high. he should beat the $ 3.37 billion DoorDash raised in its Initial Public Offering. Here is six things to know before these stocks start trading in a few hours.
- Gold is down, exchange $ 1,840 / ounce.
- the dollar is flat.
- Gross is in place, with Brent futures trading above $ 49 / barrel.
- Bitcoin bounced back, almost 4% to exchange $ 18,400.
Reality check, No. 1
Reality check: No. 2
Reality check, n ° 3
Have a very good day everyone. I’ll see you here tomorrow.
As always, you can write firstname.lastname@example.org reply to this email with suggestions and comments.